The quality of the air inside of your home matters — it can make a difference in how you feel on a daily basis and poor indoor air quality can have an impact on your overall respiratory health. As your go-to source for air duct cleaning and repair in Mobile, Air Control of Mobile offers affordable services that will have you breathing a sigh of relief. Contact us today to schedule your appointment! In the meantime, learn more about the services we offer below and some of the benefits associated with them.
Services We Offer
- Air duct cleaning. Using state-of-the-art equipment, our team will clean your home’s air ducts. We’ll take the time to make sure your furniture and floors are covered to make sure your belongings stay clean in the process.
- Air duct repair. We have the cutting-edge tools needed to test your ductwork for leaks that can affect the efficiency of your heating and cooling system. We’ll seal any leaks that are found to lighten the load on your system.
Benefits of Professional Duct Cleaning and Repair
Your home’s HVAC system is carefully balanced to deliver the most efficient indoor comfort all year long. As such, DIY air duct cleaning and repair is not something we’d recommend — a simple error can result in you injuring yourself or harming the longevity of your system. Hiring a professional ensures the following benefits:
Better Indoor Air Quality
It makes sense that clean air ducts would result in cleaner air circulating through your home, but let’s take a moment to review how and why. First, removing dirt, dust, allergens, and other pollutants from your ductwork will reduce the levels of these particles in the air. That makes it easier for you and your loved ones to breathe, especially if any of you have asthma, allergies, or other respiratory conditions. Second, you’ll find that various smells and odors are removed from the air along with the other pollutants, resulting in a better-smelling home that you love walking into.
A Cleaner Living Environment
Beyond making the air that you breathe better, air duct cleaning is also likely to lead to a cleaner living environment for you and your family. This is because the dirt and dust that have settled in your ductwork get blown around your home and recirculated every time your heating and air kicks on. If it has been a while since you had your ducts cleaned or you have never had them cleaned, these contaminants are settling on your bed, tables, furniture, and everything else in your home. Removing dirt and dust from your ductwork reduces the amount of debris that comes out of it.
Air needs to be able to move through your ductwork for your HVAC system to run most efficiently. If something is hindering the free flow of air, then the system has to work that much harder to circulate air throughout your home. Changing out your air filters regularly is a great way to eliminate airborne particles from clogging up the system, but filters cannot catch 100% of the particles flowing through them. Air duct cleaning and repair ensures that air can flow through your HVAC system without the worry of leaks or obstructions to thwart its efficiency, leading to lower energy costs and superior indoor comfort. That’s a win-win situation if you ask us!
Ideal Times for Air Duct Cleaning
Barring any unusual circumstances, the National Air Duct Cleaners Association recommends getting your air ducts cleaned every three to five years. Below are a few circumstances that could warrant more frequent cleaning:
- After remodeling. Even if you go to great lengths to cover your ductwork, debris will still get in there if your HVAC system ran during your remodeling work.
- When you move into a new house. Start your life in your new house off on the right foot with clean ductwork.
- After building a new home. Remove sawdust and other construction-related debris from your ductwork with professional cleaning services.
- When you have pets that shed or smokers in the home. The more pets you have, the more often you should have your air ducts professionally cleaned.
- You suspect mold contamination or a pest infestation in the ducts. Prevent the spread of contaminants with professional inspection and cleaning.
- When someone in the house has breathing difficulties. Cleaning your ducts regularly ensures the cleanest air possible for your home.
Schedule Your Appointment Today
Is it time to have the ducts cleaned in your home? Do you suspect that you have a leak somewhere in your ductwork? If so, contact Air Control of Mobile right away. We offer industry-leading air duct cleaning and repair services in Mobile that enhance your indoor air quality and keep dust to a minimum in your home, all while improving your HVAC system’s efficiency. Ready to get started? Contact us today for a quote!